Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What's in a name?

So...  I promised to tell you how I came up with the new name.  When I started Adventures in Single Parenting, the title of the blog pretty much reflected my theme.  I wanted to share with the world the adventures I was having with my children as a single mom as well as the lessons I was learning from the world, my kids and my circumstances.  Single Parenting was easily the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.  I am sooooo grateful for that time and that experience.  It taught me a lot and makes me appreciate what I have right now so much.

That brings me to where I am now.  I am remarried.  I married Kevin this summer after a brief courtship.  I had been single for 2 years and I knew what I was looking for in a husband, mate and partner.  He fulfilled everything on my list and more.  He is my rock, my best friend, an amazing partner, an incredible dad to his kids and a great father figure to my boys.  Not to mention that he is drop dead gorgeous!!!  But not only that, I truly believe we were meant to be together.  We have so much in common that it is sort of creepy sometimes.  First of all, we love sports, especially football and basketball.  I have always been a huge sports freak thanks to my dad.  I truly was the son he never had in many ways.  Some of my fondest memories are watching football with my dad on Sunday afternoon.  Kevin shares the same love.  He loves photography, is a tech geek and loves working with people.  There is so much more we share, but those are the highlights.  It's wonderful to be with someone who shares the same interests as you.

We have some other things in common that are just plain weird.  His birthday is the same date as my grandmothers and my birthday was only one day off from my grandfather's, so we share the same dates pretty much as my grandparents did.  We finish each other's sentences.  When we were first texting (Yes, we texted for a long time before we met face to face), we used to text each other the exact same thing at the same time.  We both like the toilet paper to hang down from the top and we've both had similar experiences in our lives with other people.

So here's where the name comes in.  Kevin is from Texas and coincidentally, Joey was born very close to where Kevin used to live.  Kevin was brought up with fields of Bluebonnets in the spring.  When we re-branded our photography business, we decided to call it "Bluebonnet Imaging".  It made me smile when I looked online at a picture of a bluebonnet and realized that it looked an awful lot like a lupine.  As a matter of fact, they are in the same family.  I was raised with lupines surrounding me every summer.  So there you have it.  It's that simple.  Even though we were born and raised hundreds of miles apart, our lives are very similar.  We are really just different versions of one another with some minor differences, but yet, still pretty much the same.  It truly is amazing how a boy from Texas and a girl from Maine could be brought together, but we were.



1 comment:

  1. I love the name (and the new look!)

    I look forward to reading this blog as well.

    julie (julied on PAI)

    ReplyDelete